Sunday, July 1, 2012

Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats

Let me just start by saying I LOVE rice crispy treats... & Peanut Butter... Who doesn't?  I especially like peanut butter rice crispies. I don't know when the last time I actually made rice crispies was... It's been a while to say the least.  But I decided to post a pic of how I've been eating them lately, and how to make your own!  I used the Kellogg's recipe. (I've included a link to their recipe below)

Ingredients needed:
3 tablespoons butter 1 pkg/10 oz regular marshmallows - We use 1 jar, (about 7 oz) marsh. creme instead, it melts faster
6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
1 1/2 cup peanut butter





Directions :

In large saucepan melt butter over low heat.
Add marshmallows or marshmallow creme and stir until completely melted.
Remove from heat.
Add Rice Crispies
Stir until well coated.
Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 pan coated with cooking spray. Cool
Cut into 2-inch squares.
"Ice" the rice crispies with peanut butter.

I sometimes mix in the peanut butter in with the rice crispies, but usually ice the rice crispies as they are cut and taken out of the pan.  Yummy.  And if you cut them into 2x3 inch rectangles, these (with peanut butter) are only around 180 calories. 


Epic yum.

http://www.ricekrispies.com/en_US/recipes/the-original-treats.html#/en_US/recipes/the-original-treats

No comments:

Post a Comment