Sunday, July 1, 2012

Homemade Easy Tartar Sauce

If you look back on our Fishing post, You'll see that my husband and the ragin' cajun caught a LOT of fish on their last trip to the river. So we breaded and fried these babies up and prepared some homemade tartar sauce to go with it. Let me just say YUM!

Homemade Tartar Sauce


Ingredients:


2 cups mayonnaise (please don't use the fake stuff - you'll thank me later)
1/2 to 3/4 cup relish depending on how sweet you like your tartar sauce. Judge by taste
Dash of pepper
1 tbs red pepper flakes  (optional)




Directions:


Stir it all together and that's it!


And it's so tasty! I'd never had tartar sauce before. I know, go on... I'll give you a minute to sigh in disbelief...

Yes. Never. I don't know why. I think as a kid, I never liked toppings that weren't ketchup, so... yeah, as an adult I'm re-trying things that I never tried before to see if I really enjoy them. And I really, really enjoyed this!  The ragin' cajun gave me the recipe 

No comments:

Post a Comment